The OCTAVIUS Detector 1600XDR is a high resolution ion chamber matrix for patient plan verification and quality control radiation therapy with protons or heavy ions. Utilizing ion chambers avoids radiation defects, the major drawback of solid-state detectors. The vented plane-parallel ion chambers are 2.5 mm x 2.5 mm x 2 mm in size and the center-to-center spacing is 2.5 mm in the central area of 6.5 x 6.5 cm2 and 5 mm in the area surrounding it. In total there are 1521 ion chambers, providing a maximum field size of 15 x 15 cm². The square chamber design offers unique 100% field coverage in the central region. Read out cycles of 100 ms provide the basis for real-time analysis of beam profiles.
- Suitable for patient plan verification and machine QA of proton and heavy ion beams
- Outstanding detector and matrix design: 1521 vented cubic ion chambers, arranged on a 15 x 15 cm² matrix
- Detector spacing: 2.5 mm center-to-center central 6.5 x 6.5 cm2 area, 2.5 mm center-to-center outer 15 x 15 cm2 area
- Pioneering ionization chamber array, flat and lightweight (6 kg)
- No ageing effects by utilizing Gold Standard ionization chamber technology
- Absolute dose calibration in 60Co beam
- Supported by the measurement and evaluation software programs VeriSoft and BeamAdjust