Small Field Dosimetry
Clinical dosimetry according to the international Code of Practice IAEA TRS 483 - in theory and practice
The course provides basic knowledge in a compact form about the new Code of Practice IAEA TRS 483 standard for the clinical dosimetry of small regular and irregular photon radiation fields, as they are used in stereotactic and fluence-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), rotational radiation (e.g. VMAT, tomotherapy) and high-energy gamma and photon radiation.
The focus is on the application of the standard in clinical practice. Among other things, recommended measuring methods with reference ionization chambers and suitable calibrated detectors as well as important correction factors are presented. On the basis of real examples, typical problems in the dosimetry of small fields are shown and suitable solutions are discussed.
As such, it is very well suited for medical physicists who want to update and extend their skills and knowledge of practical dosimetry.
Deepen your knowledge about small field dosimetry.
- Small field dosimetry: International recommendations IAEA TRS 483, suitable detectors and measurement procedures
- Characteristics of FFF beams
- Existing and emerging small field technologies
- Commissioning of planning systems
- hands-on training in the LINAC room
- Date: 27.04. - 29.04.23
- Location: PTW Freiburg, Germany
- Target Audience: Medical physicists, Dosimetrists and those who use PTW equipment
- Number of Particpants: min. 8, max. 16 participants
- Course Language: English
- Course fee: 750,00 € + VAT