NEW YORK, June 24, 2019 — PTW has provided precision tools to advance patient safety in radiotherapy around the world for more than 90 years.
At this year’s AAPM show, the company will exhibit its full range of dosimetry solutions for MR-guided radiotherapy, beam data commissioning and stereotactic QA.
“We’re excited to show the North American market that PTW offers so much more than precision detectors,” said Rob Morrison, managing director for PTW North America. “Our full range of dosimetry solutions has been setting standards for treatment success and patient safety for years.”
At Booth 538, PTW will exhibit and demonstrate its latest technology and most recent product developments including:
- BEAMSCAN® MR* 3D water phantom – The first 3D water phantom for MR-guided radiotherapy, available in two models for Elekta Unity and ViewRay® MRIdian®.
- BEAMSCAN® 3D water phantom – The fastest water phantom to set up and easiest to use for all acceptance testing and commissioning needs is now available for the Halcyon™ system.
- OCTAVIUS® 4D modular patient and machine QA systems – For the latest radiotherapy techniques, including Halcyon™, SRS and MRgRT. Also introducing OCTAVIUS® Detector 1600 SRS for 3D dose verification of complex SRS/SBRT treatment plans.
- RUBY™ phantom – A new, modular stereotactic verification phantom with multiple inserts for comprehensive system QA, LINAC QA and patient QA.
- STARCHECK® arrays – High-resolution ionization chamber arrays for comprehensive, TG-142 compliant LINAC QA available in three models for standard (25 x 25 cm²), large (40 x 40 cm²) and magnetic fields.
- microSilicon™ diode detector – The new silicon diode detector for small photon and all electron fields.
- Track-it™ 2.0 QA data management software – Versatile, web-based QA data management software that integrates QA data from different sources, devices and sites into a single platform.
PTW is hosting a Lunch and Learn symposium for AAPM attendees on Monday, July 15, from 12:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. in room 216 A-B. The event will feature the following presenters:
- Dr. Jochem Wolthaus, a medical physicist at the University Medical Center Utrecht, will present “The Development and Experience of the first MR-compatible 3D Scanning Water Tank for Acceptance, Commissioning and QA measurements in an MRI-LINAC.”
- Dan Nicewonger, a medical physicist at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in San Antonio, will present “QA Data Flow in Modern Radiotherapy Departments.”
- Sharon Thompson, a medical physicist from the Maimonides Cancer Center, will present “Challenges of Beam Data Collection and Validation of Halcyon during Commissioning.”
About the AAPM Show
The American Association of Physicists in Medicine is holding AAPM 2019 on July 14-18 at the Henry B. González Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas. The event’s educational track and exhibition help to advance medicine through excellence in the science, education and professional practice of medical physics. More than 4,500 attendees are expected at this year’s event.
More information at:
PTW is a world leader in high-precision dosimetry solutions. Founded in 1922, the company is a pioneer in medical radiation measurement. PTW owns one of the oldest and largest accredited calibration laboratories in the field of ionizing radiation and established THE DOSIMETRY SCHOOL to promote the exchange of knowledge in clinical dosimetry.
PTW operates globally with nine international subsidiaries and more than 350 employees worldwide.
*Pending 510(k), not available for sale within the United States
Media Contact North America
Media Contact International
+49 761 49055-591