The OCTAVIUS Detector 1500XDR is a new concept of an ion chamber matrix for patient plan verification and quality control radiation therapy with protons or heavy ions. Utilizing ion chambers avoids radiation defects, the major drawback of solid-state detectors. The vented plane-parallel ion chambers are 4.4 mm x 4.4 mm x 3 mm in size and the center-to-center spacing is 7.1 mm. In total there are located 1405 ion chambers in a chessboard matrix, providing a maximum field size of 27 x 27 cm². The square chamber design offers unique 50% field coverage. Read out cycles of 100 ms provide the basis for real-time analysis of beam profiles.
- Suitable for patient plan verification and machine QA of proton and heavy ion beams
- Outstanding detector and matrix design: 1405 vented cubic ion chambers, uniformly arranged on a 27 x 27 cm² matrix
- Detector spacing 7.1 mm center-to-center (diagonals)
- Pioneering ionization chamber array, flat and lightweight (6 kg)
- No ageing effects by utilizing gold Standard ionization chamber technology
- Absolute dose calibration in 60 Co beam
- Supported by the measurement and evaluation software programs VeriSoft, MultiCheck and BeamAdjust